Sunday, July 09, 2006

Jamie Abrams, Bruce and Jim Gordon



Jamie Abrams and Jim Gordon visiting "Bruce" the engineer at the Metropolitan Water Works in Chestnut Hill over by Boston College in 1972. Here they are looking up at the German steam engine installed in the 1800's.

These pictures sat in the film can since I shot them in 1972. I had no money to get them developed, so I stashed them away in a box in my mother's basement. Last year I found them while cleaning out, and then finally got the pictures processed last month. I have other eerie shots of that place. The building is a Richardson design (Cambridge City Hall, T Stations in Newton) See the link below for a shot of the organic rusticated sandstone architecture that these buildings have, which is a precursor to the motifs used in many Arts and Crafts works.

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment